Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I did it!

 Finally, after hearing about it for so long.. I have actually made
KOMBUCHA!

 Kombucha is a fermented tea that is often drunk for medicinal purposes.

The practice of making Kombucha seems to me a bit like the practice of  home-birthing.. no one will actually admit that they think it is proof of super-holiness but it is just an unspoken understanding among most really, really godly women I have spent time with <;)>! Now, unlike home-birthing, I am actually able to do this Kombucha thing! Finally after all these years I can finally fit in with all of my (afore mentioned) super spiritual friends! I am now part of the 'in' group.. but don't worry, if you don't belong to that super elite group yet, all you need is a  SCOBY -< acronym standing for Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast>
and a great Kombucha recipe which you can easily google... ;) 

Here are some pics of my fermenting Kombucha, day 2. Following my pictures is one from Google images.. just to show you how it looks once it is finished fermenting.. or brewing or whatever it is called! < :) >



Happy Kombucha-ing!

6 comments:

www.babyhomepages.net/tenlittleinions said...

I am sitting here in public (because that's the only way for me to get Internet) and lauging much louder than I should be.

Great job and make sure to bring a scoby to Belize when you come.

McDonald Family said...

Ok dear friend, i will!
Miss you so much..

Sean McDonald said...

This great. I drink Kombucha all the time. It is a great drink to balance out blood sugar and raise immunity...nice to hear you are making batches of this wonderful tea.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo glad you are enjoying this little "art" project! I like adding just a little cranberry juice (rasp/blue) to my jars in the refrigerator, this way the entire family consumes!! :) Jina

McDonald Family said...

Yum yum Ms Jina! Thank you for the tip!

McDonald Family said...

Thank you for the encouragement Sean! Is it true that the FDA recently tried to restrict the sale of Kombucha due to the (<5%) alcohol content? How odd.?