Saturday, November 26, 2011

Visitors from Near and Far

We are so blessed to live in a country where visiting is just a way of life. On Saturdays and Sundays especially you can expect at least one family to come visiting. I still need to get better rehearsed for this cultural expectation.. and bake cookies or something in preparation for the impending company. Alas it is still new and I am still adjusting to it all.. at least I am used to it enough by now to remember to offer water to unexpected visitors! When we were first here I would forget even that common courtesy! in the States of course you would receive a phone call, asking if it is alright for someone to come by. This was a much more comfortable way for me, a natural born hermit, to live.. but you know what? I think that is selfish and I am happy to be challenged and pressed in this area.. I am grateful the Lord is helping me to learn how to be hospitable as it has been a weakness of mine in the past~



These are the Reimer girls.. our friends and neighbors. Their mother Truda has been such a blessing and encouragement to me.






Helping Mandy catch an escape artist!




The Abe and Joyce Freisen family are frequent visitors~







Here are some especially wonderful visitors! Jim and Jake Sebens arrived this Tuesday for a 3 week visit~ Their family was a part of our small fellowship in Washington. We have been so blessed by the familiar faces and sweet fellowship!

In addition, our friends the Kings will be coming for a three week visit in Dec/Jan. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends..

2 comments:

www.babyhomepages.net/tenlittleinions said...

How precious to have so many supportive friends and family who are coming to visit you.

We hope some of our friends from PA will come and visit us yet as well.

Hospitailty can be tiring but is always a blessing in th end.

By the way, I can not believe you do not see yourself as hospitable. I think just the opposite of you. You were certainly very generous and helpful and made us feel like family when we first came to Sp. Lookout.

Hugs and prayers.

McDonald Family said...

You are too kind dedar sister. Can't wait to see you again!