Monday, April 30, 2012

Travelling On~

Have you ever heard that song 'This World is Not My Home'? Here are the lyrics:

This World Is Not My Home
This world is not my home I'm just passing through

my treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue

the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door

and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

O Lord you know I have no friend like you

if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?

the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door

and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

They're all expecting me and that's one thing I know

my savior pardoned me and now I onward go

I know He'll take me through though I am weak and poor

and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

O Lord you know I have no friend like you

if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?

the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door

and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

Just up in Glory Land we'll live eternally

the Saints on every hand are shouting victory

their song of sweetest praise drifts back from Heaven's shore

and I can't feel at home in this world anymore

O Lord you know I have no friend like you

if Heaven's not my home then Lord what will I do?

the angels beckon me from Heaven's open door

and I can't feel at home in this world anymore


In 1 Peter, Peter talks about how we are pilgrims, sojourners and aliens in this world.. and boy, do we sure feel that as Chrisitans sometimes, right? But, that is a good thing! We are a supposed to be peculiar people also!

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. Titus 2:14 KJV

The word peculiar here is meaning that we *belong to God and are God's possesion* We are bought with a price. Is the Lord getting from our lives what He has purchased?
Now, that sums up our family very well I think.. peculiar sojurners~ lol! If you have known us for very long.. we seem to always be on the move.. Moving here.. moving there.. some think we are odd.. others*know* we are odd! ;) but as a good friend once told me, home (on earth) is where our family is. We try and make 'home' wherever we go. We just want to live for the Lord, following where he leads and obeying him through the power of his Holy Spirit. We plan on heading back to Belize in November, Lord Willing.. Some one recently asked me if I thought our coming back was to humble us. I really had to think about that....maybe we are in a humbling season right now.. I am not sure. It sure is humbling to rely on someone else for a home, transportation.. and in these first few weeks even food.. but our benefactors are so kind about it that is sure does not FEEL like that. Anyhow, for now we say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has set us up in regard to housing, household items, food, appliances, coats (brrr!) and even toys for our children! There are so many friends who have helped with this and we truly want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We love you all so much...

 After our hectic all-night bus ride through Mexico, the ADO bus dropped us off at the Cancun airport. It was 6 am and pouring rain. They basically threw our 10 pieces of luggage and stroller off the bus and drove away.. An airport official came and told us that we could not stand there and that we had better go to the other terminal where we would be departing from 7 hrs later that day. They failed to tell us that there was a free shuttle to the other terminal and instead threw our things into a taxi which ended up charging us $60 US. Ok that was a bummer since we were down to our last $200 US. At least we still had some money for meals.. until we found out that MX was going to charge us $185 just to leave Mexico! Thankfully, Ryan had $60 (from the bike Sj) which we were able to borrow and a wonderful missionary friend (the one who had prayed over Amanda the morning prior) had given us $100 U.S. as a gift. We would not have been able to fly out of Cancun were it not for those two things! Praise the LORD! We arrived in Seattle with 43 cents to our name, no kidding!

Spending 7 hours in the Cancun airport proved to be a nice time. Someone asked us if we had wished we would have had the money to go explore the lovely area of Cancun but truly, we were content to hang out together, anticipating the next chapter of our lives..

Of course I did scrape together enough change for an Americano.. I mean seriously.. ;) We were able to enjoy their wifi and communicate with those who were coming to pick us up etc.

The girls enjoyed walking their babies around. They also weighed them on the luggage scale to see just how much each baby weighed. I love Mexico. No one corrected them for that and actually enjoyed seeing our little ones playing and having a fun time together.

Laura already knows this is the 'fun' bag and kept looking in it for 'more funnies'

Thank you Ryan for treating us to the familiear 'Pizza Hut' pizza!


Laura, in the airport bathroom mirror.. check out her Belizean Bug Bites!

                                                           Our plane finally arrives!

One blessing with travelling with small children is that we were able to board first on both flights. It is so nice to be able to get situated before everyone else gets on.. and yes, I was half crazy after the 7 hrs in the airport. But thankfully both little girls slept most of the way from
Cancun to Atlanta.

Gracie-Girl was so good on the airplane! Great job Grace!


Grant had a fun time watching the digital map which showed our progress while flying. He also helped a lot keeping our little girls occupied.

Goodbye gorgeous Cancun! Perhaps someday we will visit you again!

Do you ever get tired of this scene????

Here we are, after arriving in Atlanta

Ryan treats us to some burgers! Yum!?

                                    happy to be heading home to one of her best buddies, Jonna


After 2 long days, we arrived at SeaTac in one piece.. Thank you Lord!


No comments: