Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Flora

This afternoon my boys graced me with these bouquets of flowers, picked from our yard. Having only lived in this rental for 6 months we have yet to learn of all the floral treasures that are hiding out there on the property! It seems as though every day something different blooms~
We will sorely miss the flora and fauna found here in the pacific northwest- however, when I went to google what exactly 'flora and fauna' was, the second google entry for that phrase was this- " Belize has one of the world's richest habitats for flora and fauna. No fewer than 4,000 different species of native flowering plants are found within its borders, along with about 700 species of trees and several hundred species of other plants." Now that is what a true nature lover loves to hear! :)







~

1 comment:

missionarymomma said...

My, the bouquets are so pretty. I too look forward to seeing the flora and fauna of Belize.