Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Weekend to Remember

I loved my Grandma Hoyt.. she was such a dear to us all. One of her weaknesses though was that she was a bit of a hermit. Because of that and other family issues, I never got to know either of her brothers (my great-uncles) their wives or the many cousins on that side. Well, that has changed! My great uncle George and his lovely wife Honey celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary and we were invited to the celebration! Add Video


Still madly in love ..









It was a reunion of sorts but this kind of reunion was of a different flavor in that we had never met any of them! (Honey did say that she had last seen me at the age of 5 but I have no memory of it.) My great-aunt Maggie, Grady and I vowed to one another that we would try and keep the family together from now on and that family is important and ought to be cherished and held closely. All of us intend on keeping in touch and as much as we can, be a part of one another's lives. Cousin Nathan, with help from other family members, has spent hours and hours collecting the story of our family.. photos, stories and putting together a family tree. What a blessing to us! On a side note, Cousin Nathan also has been to Belize and hopes to spend more time there in the future, doing mission work!

















My Mom and Ben
































What a special weekend to remember!




~

No comments: